It is anticipated that most participants will require a visa to enter Ethiopia. Visas can be obtained online through the Government of Ethiopia’s e-Visa platform:
https://www.evisa.gov.et/#/home and please select for Conference Visa – CV
In order to support their visa application, participants will need to submit:
- Official invitation letter to attend 8th International Policy Conference;
- Formal application letter written by ACPF to the Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs of Ethiopia.
- A scanned copy of the biographical page of their passport;
- A scanned copy of passport picture;
- Proof of the ACPF’s registration license with the authorities
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia.
- e-Visa application fees are not refundable
- The validity of Ethiopian e-Visa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia not from date of issue.
- Nationals of African States who can’t make e-Visa payment online can apply online and make the payment on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport in cash.
- In order to obtain the official invitation letter, formal application letter and ACPF’s registration license, ACPF requests that participants send a copy of the biographical page of their passport as a matter of priority to Eskedar Beyene – email@example.com
- The Ethiopian immigration authorities have indicated that the processing of e-Visa applications takes 3-5 days. However, they have also advised that participants should proceed with their e-Visa applications as soon as they receive the official invitation letter from ACPF.
- Participants are also strongly encouraged to check whether transit visas may be needed for their chose itinerary.